Sunday, April 14, 2013

PRAYER #140 - My Husband wants a divorce


My husband of 20 1/2 years has said he's done. He wants a divorce. We have a blended family and he raised my daughter from a previous marriage as his own.  He recently lost his father and earlier an aunt who he was close with, I know this effected him as a person. For the past three years we have been doing foster care in the hopes of adopting. He now says he doesn't want to adopt as well.    We have had our share of ups and downs and the last time we had problems we didn't get counseling like it was suggested because we couldn't afford it. I regret not finding someone or someplace that would work with us. I do NOT want a divorce and have our family torn apart. I have been divorced before and I don't believe that we have tried EVERYTHING to make it work. Please pray that God's will be done and that Gerry's  ( pronounced Gary) heart be softened. I still love him and know there are things that I can work on personally to be the person he fell i love with. (Being kinder, trusting him etc.) Thanks, Felissa 

No comments: